26 years on, here are some of the things I have learnt so far...


My birthday month has long past. I do not know why people have decided to
celebrate their birthdays for a whole month these days, but I am all for it.

Especially for Jan and Feb babies, because people are really claiming that they do
not have the money or time for us. Christmas binge excuses every year. The
feeling of those unwanted birthdays in the first two months, I am kidding. 
But in my circle, it is not bad at all as friends and family have made it special for us. By
us, I mean me and my twin brother including my fellow Aquarius friend Dimpho.

The month of February is usually associated with love, everywhere you go you are reminded of the looming Valentine’s Day. The month for me is every year
a reminder that I am getting older, hopefully getting wiser and filling up my life with
beautiful experiences and memories.



This year I had an idea of trying to be a self-made entrepreneur, all about me.
Focusing on my blog and trying to grow some type of business, however, life had a
different plan for me. I went to an interview and got the job in one of the best
media houses in the country and my plans totally shifted.

A lot has happened in my 26 years of living and this is what I have learned over
the course:

1. Be yourself, cheesy but it is true you are the best version of yourself. There is no
another you, stop trying to be someone else. That concept is still hard, contrary to
that mantra, society and your inner circles tell you being who you are is not right,
normal or even change for survival. Excuse my French but F*k that. I choose to
believe in a society that accepts people for who they are.

2. It is okay if you do not have a clear cut direction in your life. Having all the
answers in your 20s is too much pressure. I have learned to follow my own race,
despite the materialistic pressures.

3. Laugh

4. Love

5. Live.

6. The 3- 5 elements have been my mantra in life since I left high school. Do not
delay your life for anyone.

7. Being selfish, I realised I cared more about others then I did for myself and my
own well-being.
This quote sums up the things I am feeling at the moment:


8. Try to love harder for those who actually care for you.

9.  Self-care, health, fitness and mental health have become part of my lifestyle and
I have realised without it I am without balance. Back at my usual workout routine
with higher intensity has been the best decision taken in as far as fitness is
concerned. I love feeling strong and mentally well.

10. And lastly, stay humble through this journey and entitlement never looked
pretty on anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Natural Being

Your words mean nothing, women are still being killed

Global Citizen Festival